While KIA India is planning to launch its third Car in India it just has faced a small roadblock, all three names for its upcoming vehicle has been objected by Department Of Industrial Policy And Promotion, According to 91wheels, the ‘Sonet’ word mark is already being used by Sonet Sanitarywares and may be that is why the brand name was rejected by the govt for usage by Kia Motors.
- Name: KIA Sonet, Sonet, Sonet Concept
- Launch date: Aug 2020
- Price: 7-11 Lacs (Ex showroom)
- 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol
- 1.0-litre turbo-petrol
- 1.5-litre diesel (taken from seltos)
- Automatic variant is expected to be the 7-speed DCT with
- 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine.
Kia Sonet Features:
- UVO connected car tech,
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system,
- Bose sound system.
- Auto AC,
- LED headlamps and tail lamps,
- Air purifier.
- Climate control
- Wireless charger
- Day time running lights
- Android auto and apple car play
- Multi information display
- Cruise control
- Engine Start stop button
Kia Sonet Rivals: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Hyundai Venue, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport Renault HBC and Nissan EM2.
- Design clues are taken from big brother KIA Seltos
- Floating touch screen
- Multi-function instrument cluster
- Redesigned central console
- Six airbags,
- ABS with EBD,
- Rear parking sensors,
- Rear-view camera.
Concept will be 90% of Production version
The company had confirmed that the Kia Sonet concept, which was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, is around 90 per cent similar to the production version. The concept had flush door handles, massive alloy wheels and aggressive bumper design. However, the production version will have conventional door handles and regular tyres.
Launching in Second half of 2020
The Kia Sonet will officially go on sale in the Indian market in August 2020, just before the Diwali. The SUV will rival the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra XUV300.
Based on Hyundai Venue Platform
The upcoming Kia Sonet will be designed and developed on the Hyundai Venue’s platform. However, design of these two SUVs will be entirely different. For people not in the know, Hyundai is the parent company of Kia.
Intelligent Manual Transmission
This gearbox makes manual driving easy as driver doesn’t need to use the clutch while shifting gears.
Most Affordable and Smallest SUV by KIA
The Sonet will be Kia’s smallest and the most affordable SUV not just in India but globally. It will also go on sale in select international markets. The SUV is expected to be priced somewhere between Rs 7 lakh and Rs 11 lakh.
3 ENGINE OPTIONS
- 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol,
- 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol
- 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel.
- Turbo-petrol engine produces 118bhp and 172Nm of torque,
- The naturally aspirated petrol engine offers 83bhp and 113Nm.
- The oil burner is good for 99bhp and 225Nm of torque.
Diesel Automatic and Petrol Automatic
- Receive Multiple gearbox options.
- The diesel version will receive a 6-speed torque convertor automatic,
- The turbocharged petrol version will receive a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
The Sonet will be equipped with segment-largest 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which we have already seen on the Seltos and the new Hyundai Creta. This system will be compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Instead of the boxy-design we have seen on the Venue,
- Contrasting black roof,
- Large tail-lights connected by an LED light bar,
- Roof-integrated spoiler
- Dual-tone bumper
- The Sonet has chunkier and more compact styling with modern exterior features.
- It gets the Kia’s signature ‘Tiger Nose’ grille,
- Sculpted bonnet,
- Sharper LED headlamps,
- Dual-tone bonnet with meshed grille
- Red-accents along with faux skid plates.
- Prominent roof rails
Categories: Cars and Bikes