Worldwide KIA Motors is known for its economy class vehicles, time when most of automobile makers are struggling to maintain their profitability, KIA Motors decided to come into India and now KIA is enjoying large customer base and no.1 position in SUV segment, soon after within 01 year of launching its first mid size SUV, it started selling like a hot cake
KIA entered Indian car market in July 2019 with its first Made for India’ SUV- SP2i Concept, now same is announced as the global mid-sized SUV Kia Seltos. The company has built a production facility on a Greenfield land in Anantpur district, Andhra Pradesh near Penukonda. The annual production capacity is 300,000 units. Kia Motors has appointed Kookhyun Shim as MD & CEO for its Indian arm. In his new role, Shim will be responsible for leading the carmaker’s expansion in the Indian market. Shim will play a leading role in ensuring Kia motors india projected timeline and schedule of operations is achieved. He also oversaw the construction of Kia Motor’s first manufacturing facility in India, to help strengthen the company’s position in the fifth largest global automotive market. Kia has committed investments to the tune of $1.1 billion to develop operations in India including investing in a network of over 250 customer touch-points that include service, sales and spares establishments.
Positive steps taken by KIA:
KIA Decided to in-cash Booming Mid-size SUV segment and to attract large number of prospective buyers, it showcased SP2i compact SUV having futuristic looks once after launch same was named as ‘Seltos’ Based on the SP concept, which they showcased first time at the 2018 Auto Expo, Kia Seltos was South Korean carmaker’s first maiden product in India.
Till Next whole year KIA India did extensive research to make its first Indian SUV a major success in India,
Steps which helped KIA in getting massive success:
- First BS6 ready SUV was launched at a time when competition was struggling to upgrade their models
- Except Hyundai Creta no other Mid-size SUV was doing good at that time, observing the same KIA decided to launch their First vehicle as Mid-Size SUV, it was also given very competitive pricing to attract large number of prospective buyer who were looking for new design and better features
- Number of variants were offered to customers of same model, so that customer can choose any particular model which fits their budget
- To ensure smooth and affordable parts availability KIA India did setup of manufacturing of plant within India
- KIA Ensured Quality must not be compromised in its first vehicle for achieving short term profit goals, as a result now KIA Seltos is famous of it Superior build quality, Good Insulation, Futuristic design, Variety of variants, and better measurements then competition SUV’s
- KIA India repeated steps taken by them in first phase, i.e. Except Toyota Innova Crysta Indian automobile market don’t have any other Good performing Budget MPV
- Hence KIA Brought its second vehicle in India as KIA Carnival its again proving a good step for KIA considering its superior build quality, plenty of segment first features, better cabin space, and very few MPV’s cars in competition
Categories: Cars and Bikes