There are numerous factors to consider when purchasing a new car because we all want the most value for our money. Here’s a checklist to assist you in choosing the ideal new car.
Listen to this article:
Checklist for Physical Examination :
While physical inspection is obviously the most important step to consider when buying a new car, here is a checklist you can use to examine a brand-new vehicle from the exterior.
- Examine different portions of the exterior to make sure that the paint is even and there aren’t any differences.
- To ensure that all doors lock and operate smoothly, check by opening and closing them all.
- To check that the bonnet and boot lid open and close smoothly, open and close them several times.
- Examine the engine compartment. It should be spotless and devoid of corrosion.
- Make that the spare tire and wheel are in good working order. They should be completely new.
- Check for broken/damaged plastic pieces, a jack and spanner, the Factory installed toolbox, and any patched up/cut electrical harnesses when you open the boot.
- Look for scratches or cracks in the front and back windshields. Also, look for any noticeable damage to the window glasses.
- Check the tires to make sure they’re brand new and have enough tread. Check for signs of wear and tear, and make sure the tires are properly inflated according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
PDI checklist for interior inspection :
After you’ve looked over the car’s outside, get inside and check over the interior. The following is a checklist for inspecting the interior of the new automobile.
- Examine the dashboard, seats, and door pads for quality. Look for any signs of wear, such as scratches or dents.
- Examine the interior’s overall fit and finish.
- Examine the glove box to see if it opens and closes correctly.
- Check the front and back seats, as well as the mat/carpet, for any stains.
- Please check for any traces of water seeping into the cabin by lifting the mat/carpet.
- Next check to see if the windows, especially the power windows, slide up and down smoothly.
- Check for any signs of cracks in the roof liner and door seals.
- Examine the seat belts and other controls for seat adjustment.
- Check to see if the steering wheel is free to move.
- On the dashboard, look at the odometer reading. It should be less than 100 km.
PDI checklist for inspection of electrical components:
The next step is to test the electrical components of the new car after checking the exterior and interior. The following is a checklist for inspecting electrical components.
- Start the engine and turn on the air conditioning. Check to see if it can efficiently and rapidly cool the cabin.
- Also, check for dust/dirt accumulation in the AC vents. Check for any fake odors coming from the air blasted out of the AC.
- Examine and test the infotainment/music system, including all ports, control buttons, and speakers.
- Make sure the horn and wipers are in functioning order.
- Headlights, taillights, indicator lights, fog lights, and interior lights should all be examined.
- Lastly, open the hood and inspect the battery. Examine the terminals for any signs of rust. Inquire for battery warranty paperwork as well.
Also Read :
- How to find unbiased used car valuation?
- Tips for buying a used car in Gurgaon
- New Hyundai Venue Facelift 2022 is more stylish
What do you think about the following information? Please share your ratings with us, In case you have any auto stories to share you also can contact us.