U.S. electric car market includes many established automakers such as Ford, Chevrolet. But one company stands out from the crowd that is that is Tesla Motors (TSLA). Tesla entered the media spotlight in 2013 along with its CEO Elon Musk when it unleashed its flagship car the Model S, With announcement of cyber truck again tesla brought hurricane is automobile market due to its entirely different design, beyond imagination features and capabilities
Cybertruck is an all-electric, battery-powered, light commercial vehicle which in development by Tesla, Inc.
Three models have been announced, with range estimates of 250–500 miles (400–800 km) and an estimated 0–60 mph time of 2.9–6.5 seconds (depending on the model)
The stated goal of Tesla in developing the Cyber truck is to provide a sustainable-energy substitute for the roughly 6,500 fossil-fuel-powered trucks sold per day in the United States.
The base price of the rear-wheel drive model of the vehicle will be US$39,900, with all-wheel drive models starting at $49,900, Cybertruck production is slated to begin in 2021,
The Cybertruck was unveiled at the Tesla Design Studio in Los Angeles on 21 November 2019. During the presentation, Musk demonstrated the durability of the vehicle and its materials. Despite successful drop tests conducted on a pane of the specialized ‘Tesla armor glass’ and a
successful pre-show test where a steel ball was thrown at the windows of the truck itself by chief of design Franz von Holzhausen with apparently no damage, the windows were damaged when Holzhausen repeated the test during the show. Musk jokingly exclaimed that “the ball didn’t make it through” and “we’ll fix it in post” after the unexpected outcomes. He later explained that the windows were damaged because in an earlier demonstration, the door was hit by a sledgehammer and that cracked the base of the glass.
At the end of the presentation, the Tesla Cyberquad, an all-terrain vehicle (ATV), was driven onto the bed of the Cybertruck using built-in ramps in the tailgate. The Cyberquad was plugged into the Cybertruck’s onboard power outlet to charge the Cyberquad batteries. The ATV will be available for sale as an optional package with the Cybertruck.
- The exterior stainless steel sheet-metal is bullet-resistant against 9 mm caliber bullets
- All vehicles will also come with Tesla Autopilot, and will have the hardware capabilities for fully autonomous operation.
- The range of the Cybertruck varies from 250–500 miles (400–800 km), depending on configuration selections.
- The truck will use self-leveling suspension , which compensates for variable load
- All-wheel drive option in higher model.
- On-board power inverters for supplying both 120 and 240-volt electricity, allowing use of power tools without a portable generator
- An air compressor for powering pneumatic tools is included.
- A digital rear-view camera based mirror,
- A racecar style steering yoke and a dashboard with a surface resembling marble.
- 17-inch center display,
- Seating for 6 using two bench seats with the front middle seat being a fold-down center arm rest,
- The rear middle seat folds down to allow loading long cargo extending into the cab from the vault (enclosed lockable bed).
The bed of the truck is 6.5 feet (2.0 m) long and similar to a conventional pickup truck bed with tailgate. It has sloped side walls and an integral motorized roller shutter style tonneau cover to improve the aerodynamics of the vehicle. Because of the additional security this provides, Tesla terms this 100-cubic-foot (2.8 m3) enclosed space “the vault”. It includes LED light strips along each side, an additional under-floor storage space behind the rear wheels, 110 and 220 V AC outlets, and a compressed air outlet for pneumatic tools. While one article claims that there is a pass-through to the cabin for long cargo, the displayed prototype lacks any corresponding opening in the front of the bed.
- The Cybertruck uses unibody construction (termed an “exoskeleton” by Tesla) like most passenger cars,
- As a standard vehicle frame would conflict with the under-floor battery pack.
- It uses unusually thick 3 mm (1⁄8 in) 30x-series[a] cold-rolled stainless steel body panels, which cannot be stamped like conventional automobile parts.
- The panels can only be bent along straight lines, resulting in a very distinctive faceted design which has been called “low-poly” or likened to origami.
- This material is the same material SpaceX uses on their Starship, because it distributes stress more evenly and allows for more interior volume.
- Earlier design concepts for Cybertruck had included using titanium for the outer panels, but this was later switched to stainless steel for additional strength,
Specifications (Tri motor AWD)
- 0-60 MPH <2.9 SECONDS
- RANGE 500+ MILES (EPA EST.)
- DRIVE TRAIN TRI MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE
- STORAGE 100 CU FT
- VAULT LENGTH 6.5 FT
- TOWING CAPACITY 14,000+ LBS
- AUTO PILOT STANDARD
- ADAPTIVE AIR SUSPENSION STANDARD
- GROUND CLEARANCE UP TO 16″
- APPROACH ANGLE 35 DEGREES
- DEPARTURE ANGLE 28 DEGREES
Categories: Cars and Bikes