We always spend a lot of time and efforts on choosing the right car model. which fits our budget and fulfil all our needs. In the excitement of getting the new car, sometimes we make small mistakes which spoil our car buying experience. Some examples are not choosing the right car colour, ignoring PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) etc. In this article let us explain the basic PDI you must follow before taking delivery of your new car.
What is Pre delivery inspection
In the automotive industry, the car showroom offers pre-delivery inspection to the car owner to check the condition of the car before actual delivery. This includes various checks to ensure that the vehicle is brand new having no mechanical or functional issue.
Why Pre delivery inspection is required
Pre Delivery Inspection is conducted to inspect all the mechanical and electrical functions of the car. It also covers cosmetic inspection. Any issue if found during inspection needs to be highlighted to the showroom. Showroom executives help to solve the minor issues right away. If any major issue is found then the buyer reserves the right to deny taking the same car. A pre-delivery inspection ensures that you get the car in perfect order when you take actual delivery of it.
Checklist for physical Pre Delivery Inspection
- Please park the car in an open area having adequate direct sunlight to have a look at the exterior and interior condition
- Inspect the exterior of the car to check any major minor dent or scratch on the car body
- Try to find if there is any difference in the shades of the colour on different parts of the car body
- Check the condition of the spare tyre and wheel. They should be in new condition
- Ensure that all the doors open, close and lock smoothly.
- Make sure the bonnet lid and boot lid open and close smoothly.
- Check the remote key locking system is working fine.
- Check if the driver’s control system like Headlamp switches, ignition keyhole, blinkers and vipers control, MID display, etc is working fine.
- Inspect if the windows roll up and down properly.
- Inspect the engine area properly. The engine area of a new car is always clean.
- Open the bonnet and inspect the following; tangled wires, oil spill signs, broken or damaged plastic parts.
- Inspect the boot space to look for the following; broken or damaged plastic parts, toolkit, jack and spanner, spare wheel, cut or re-assembled wires.
Car Pre Delivery Inspection Documentation checklist
- Invoice The details mentioned on the invoice should match with the car like chassis number, colour, make its.
- Payment receipts regarding all the payments done for the car and its accessories, RTO, taxes, etc.
- Miscellaneous documents like a copy of the insurance (crosscheck details relating to model, variant, engine, chassis number and so on).
- Insurance policy Original copy having correct details mentioned on it.
- RTO Road Tax Registration receipt with Vehicle Registration Number.
- Warranty papers for Car and every other accessory that is installed in the car such as batteries, music systems, tyres, CNG Kit, Parking Sensor and so on. Make sure they are properly stamped.
- Extended warranty, if any.
- Road Side Assistance (RSA) Copy.
- Owner’s manual & Service Booklet.
- PUC (pollution under control) certificate.
Additional details to be checked and matched in the car documents:
- Check that the spelling of your name on the documents is correct.
- Make sure that the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), vehicle registration number, Engine Number, and Chassis Number are mentioned correctly.
Popular Read: How to claim TCS paid during car purchase
Checklist for checking the car’s interior
- Check for marks and scratches
- Inspect the Dashboard, roof liner, seats, armrests, doors, and parcel tray
- Check the odometer. Its reading should always be under 100 km.
Checklist for testing the electrical components
- Test the air conditioning
- Carry a pen drive to check the Music system and speakers quality. check all the ports are properly working
- Test all the buttons and steering mounted control buttons
- Test the horns, wipers and defogger
- Test the working of headlights, tail lights, brake lights, fog lights, and parking lights.
Checklist for a test drive before taking delivery
Go for another test drive and test the acceleration and braking. It is recommended to take one of the executives on the drive who can brief you about all the features of the car and the correct ways to use them. check suspension, Braking, AC and any abnormal sound.
Checklist for duplicate key
Every car is provided with a duplicate key. It is important for you to check if the duplicate key to the car is working fine. Try to lock, unlock and start the car with it.
Also you can read: Car Head light upgrade options
Make PDI inspection Full Proof and memorable
Please carry your camera or use your phone for video recording, sometimes even after a physical check we skip to see minor issues with naked eyes. Which we notice at a later stage. doing video recording or taking pictures at the time of delivery shall help you avoid any mistake.
You also can share your views with us:
Why Choose A Custom Bike? – Uandi Automobiles
Categories: Cars and Bikes